[BlueOnyx:25028] Re: Easy Migrate errors

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 15:31:52 -05 2021

Hi Michael,

    > I am seeing the following .. finally ending with an error which stops the migration:
    >
    > [INFO] User 'user1' created.                        [NameSpace] 'subdomains' Diff in NameSpace Email: do_not_reply
    > Diff in NameSpace Email: do_not_reply_from
    > 'Email' 'ImapSync' 'Disk' 'SSH' 'Sites' 'RootAccess' 'Shell'
    >
    > [INFO] User 'user2' created.                         [NameSpace] 'subdomains' Diff in NameSpace Email: do_not_reply
    > Diff in NameSpace Email: do_not_reply_from
    > 'Email' 'Disk'

    So far this isn't an error. It's just an [INFO], which is non-critical
    and doesn't cause Easy-Migrate to throw the towel.

    This pops up when Classes or NameSpaces between source and target server
    don't have identical keys in their Schema.

    For example: Starting with 5209R's base-email module the key
    'do_not_reply' was added to the Schema for the 'Email' NameSpace.

    So this is just giving an info that the 5207R you're migrating from
    didn't have that key yet, but the 5210R does. It then keeps the default
    value for that key, which is (I think) empty. Which is not a problem.

    > [ERROR] Failed to update settings of User NameSpace 'ImapSync' of User 'user2'.

    And there we got the actual [ERROR] that caused the abort.

    Please check the ImapSync settings of your 'user2'. I presume he must
    have used or at least has configured the feature ImapSync and there are
    now settings in there which cause an error. Try to flush the settings
    shown there as best as you can. Some perhaps can't be eliminated
    entirely once a value had been filled in once, but make the entered
    values something alphanumerical and/or simple.

    If that doesn't solve it, then I propose a somewhat more radical step:

    On the 5207R you're migrating from we're going to take the feature
    'ImapSync' away for the migration. To do so, move the schema file:

    mv /usr/sausalito/schemas/base/user/imapsync.schema /root/imapsync.schema

    Then rehash CCEd:

    /usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init rehash

    Afterwards the 5207R will have 'Amnesia' that a feature called
    'ImapSync' has existed and you can simply run Easy-Migrate again.

    All migrated users that make it to the 5210R will then have ImapSync in
    its default (unconfigured) state. Which isn't really a loss as it's at
    best simply used once to migrate emails from another server to the BlueOnyx.

    You can easily reverse the temporal 'Amnesia' of the 5207R in regards to
    'ImapSync' later on:

    mv /root/imapsync.schema /usr/sausalito/schemas/base/user/imapsync.schema

    /usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init rehash

    I think that should do it.

That's great.

Many thanks - much appreciated.