[BlueOnyx:25047] Re: Authenticated smarthost using Postfix

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 15:25:04 -05 2021

Hi Michael / Larry,

    >   Pretty sure you need an "smtpd_sasl_type" line to go
    > with what you have to tell postfix "how" to authenticate.
    > Docs says options are listed with the postconf -A command.
    > Don't have a BX postfix machine to check but most likely
    > yours says dovecot.

    That's a good point. I just checked on a 5210R:

    [root at 5210r ~]# postconf -A
    cyrus

    So I guess Colin needs to set 'smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus'.

    Using 'dovecot' instead is common, but we use Saslauth for SMTP on both
    Sendmail and Postfix.

Thanks for that but I already have that:

smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus

Regards

Colin