[BlueOnyx:25052] Re: Authenticated smarthost using Postfix

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 09:50:02 -05 2021

Thanks Larry,

    > Will I not need this in the main.cf then:
    > smtpd_sasl_password_maps= hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

    Colin,

      No, in main.cf you will add smtpd_sasl_path - smtpd
    which tells postfix that the cyrus configuration file is named smtpd.conf.
    This file is generally in /usr/lib/sasl2 or possibly /etc/sasl2 directory.
    You then configure cyrus to authenticate against its database (sasldb).

     Check out www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html for actual instructions
    on how to configure this.

Yup - I have smtpd.conf in /etc/sasl2

Appreciate your help ... will continue my trials.

If I can get this to work then Michael can post the info on the FAQ. :)

Kind regards

Colin