[BlueOnyx:24964] Re: URI_TRY_3LD

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 11 11:16:13 -05 2021

Hi Meaulnes,

> but it's strange, I expected to find that URI_TRY_3LD rule somewhere in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/ and could change the value from 2.0 to 0.1 or
> whatever, but nope, no URI_TRY_3LD definition found anywhere in /etc...
>
> but I found in /usr/share/spamassassin/72_active.cf

Yes, these are rules that are included in SpamAssassin by default. Third
party rules usually go into /etc/mail/spamassassin/

> where the score of 2.0 seems to be disabled with a leading #
> but in the spam headers it still reads
>
> 2.0 URI_TRY_3LD      "Try it" URI, suspicious hostname
Rules without score are still triggered. Sometimes other rules check up
on this and include the triggering of other rules into their own
ruleset. Like if rule A, B and C triggered, give a score of X.