[BlueOnyx:24847] proxy_fcgi timeout

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Tue Mar 23 13:10:18 -05 2021

I use the PHP package from the BlueOnyx store on a 5209R server and run
into timeout issues regularly when updating WordPress theme or large
plugins. Right now, I am trying to install the WooCommerce plugin to a
fully updated brand new setup of WordPress 5.7 website with no plugins
installed. The error in the WP admin shows:

Installation failed: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
503 Service Unavailable Service Unavailable The server is temporarily
unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems. Please try again later.

When I check the httpd error log, I see this:

[Tue Mar 23 14:00:45.054503 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 14157]
(70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client 45.3.215.154:19526]
AH01075: Error dispatching request to :, referer:
https://www.MYVSITE.com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?s=woocommerce&tab=search&type=term

I have tried to up the timeout in the vsite settings to 180 and memory
set very high to 256MB, but still have this issue. The timeout occurs
within 2 minutes even though the vsite max execution time and max input
time are both set to 180. Is there another settings that can help?

--
Robert