[BlueOnyx:25192] Re: RedHat 9 Beta released - BlueOnyx 5211R development started

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Fri Nov 5 02:11:30 -05 2021

Hello Michael,

oh I'm excited and I wish us that we hear you in any case not to grumble until here 😊
I know you have always categorically ruled it out in the past. But maybe technology is evolving at this point as well. Do you think there is a chance that there might also be a direct upgrade path from Almalinux/RockyLinux 8 to Almalinux/RockyLinux 9 ; that is, an upgrade without reinstalling and migrating?
Sure, there is EasyMigrate and that works really well. I just wonder if it might be even easier if the system could then be migrated from 8 to 9 later with a handful of commands?

Best regards,
Dirk

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel