[BlueOnyx:25208] Re: BlueOnyx 5210R: CentOS 8 to AlmaLinux 8 conversion — my experience

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 10 01:21:49 -05 2021

Hi Meaulnes,

> well me too, I tried the conversion on a server without too many fussy
> users — with success (except for a small glitch at the end). I take the
> liberty of sharing this:

Many thanks for sharing this. Indeed, during the conversion pretty much
all OS RPMs get reinstalled. This can rock the boat a little as far as
some services are concerned.

But that's easily fixed afterwards by toggling these services off in the
GUI, save and then turn them back on. Which is probably a mandatory for
the AV-SPAM related services just to make sure that all configs are
correct and that the services are restarted in the right order.

I just updated the conversion guide with that info.