[BlueOnyx:25222] scp fails in chrooted environment

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Mon Nov 29 04:40:06 -05 2021

Hi list,

It seems that since a yum update yesterday, a server is misbehaving a bit.

A user with chrooted sftp, scp and rsync fails to scp a file to the
server (which worked perfectly before the yum update). The error is:

scp: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open
lost connection

If I temporarily give the user full shell access, it works.

Give the user a chrooted environment (with or without shell, doesn't
matter), the above error pops up.

I tried running jail_warden.pl (located in cron.daily) but that made no
difference.

The file libcrypto.so.1.1 is present in both
home/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1
usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1

of the vsite tree.

Any hints?