[BlueOnyx:25163] Re: stalling SMTP

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Thu Oct 14 08:07:18 -05 2021

We are seeing loads and loads of smtp-auth attacks lately.
Generally when I see the "smtp down" message from a box
I login (character mode) and do "ps fax | grep sendm".
This normally shows anywhere from a few to hundreds of
connections from one or two IP addresses.  Kill those off
after blocking the IP and it all clears up until the next wave.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net