[BlueOnyx:25170] Re: Blueonyx 5210R - no Data in Server Management -> Usage Information -> Network

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Oct 15 13:29:19 -05 2021

Hi Dirk,

> For about 1.5 months, a server based on 5210R has been running for one
> of our customers.
>
> However, under Server Management -> Usage Information -> Network nothing
> is displayed. No matter how I set the period. Always only the message
> „No data were found for activity during the period specified. You may
> want to try another set of dates.“.
>
> Webalizer displays data.
>
> But in Network, Web and FTP there is no data at all.
>
> E-mail, on the other hand, shows information.

Yeah, this is indeed a bit of hit and miss.

Let's start with Email. That works, because it's using an entirely
different mechanism for the aggregation of data. For that we have
Sendmailanalyzer running, which does a spot on job of parsing the
maillog, aggregating the data and preserving the statistics in a format
that's easy for us to turn into neat statistic pages.

For anything else (Web, FTP and Network) we're using "legacy" methods
that go back to the Cobalt days and have seen some adjustments over the
years to keep them viable and working. Yet: That doesn't always work.

As for FTP stats: I think that is and has been broken since the CentOS 6
days as our ProFTPd doesn't generate the log lines we need to make
estimates about the FTP traffic.

That leaves Web and Network traffic. I just glanced at a few 5209R and
5210R I have and I see some have stats, some don't and I can't yet make
rhyme or reason about why its failing for some.

I'll take a look at this when I have a chance.