[BlueOnyx:25176] Re: Cannot set email address for mailCatchAll

Tomohiro Hosaka bokutin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:27:49 -05 2021

Hi Michael,

2021年10月28日(木) 15:26 Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it>:
> This field is supposed to take the username of the recipient, not an
> email address.
>
> But you're right: The naming of the imput field *and* the help text
> don't make that clear enough and this will be changed in an update to
> avoid confusion.

I noticed this error because I originally had an email address in
there, and when I tried to change it, I got a validation error.

I used Firefox's development tool to remove the add
class="alphanum_plus" and was able to change it without getting a
validation error.

I actually sent an email to catchall at host.tld, and it works fine.

I think it would be a shame to reduce the functionality of something
that has always worked and still works today for the sake of
validation.

This is a completely personal reason, but it is also sad to explain
the reduced functionality to users who have been using it for a long
time.

Also, the need to forward the catch-all to another email address will be common.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could continue what has worked so far.

However, since I don't maintain it, I have no choice but to reduce its
functions if it is reasonable to do so for the future.

Thanks,

Tomohiro Hosaka