[BlueOnyx:25097] Re: 5210R i18n Bug?? - fixed -NG

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 10 20:44:11 -05 2021

Hi Sasaki,

> While I now have isolated the problem, the fix will take me a moment to
> figure out. I'll get back to you when I have something.
I think I have the first part of the problem solved and just published
the changes to SVN:

https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/4178/

Updated RPMs for BlueOnyx 5210R have been published, which should
improve the handling of Kanji and other special characters.

The problem was that mixed data storage in CODB of plain numerals and
special characters converted to octal caused a decoding problem on
reading and parsing of such data.

To solve it the respective function in CCE.php got almost completely
rewritten.

I performed some extensive tests with mixed text containing Kanji,
numbers, umlauts and regular text in a wild mixture and it seemed to
work fine.

On a side note: The new routine is also faster, as it now returns text
that doesn't contain any octals much faster than previously.

Sasaki, please install these updates and let me know if it solves the
issue you've had and let me know if there is anything else that still
needs fixing.

Many thanks again!