[BlueOnyx:25105] what version of php...?

oldcabin webmaster webmasterw117 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:53:54 -05 2021

Michael and all,

What version of php comes with a fresh install of a 5209R ?

How about a 5210R?

I am going to be spinning up a new machine and wondering what else I may
have to purchase to get it into production.

Should I go for a 5210R vs a 5209R?

I would hate to get this new box going then find out I should have used the
latest and greatest and have to do it all over again in a few months.

On another note:
I am running  a 5209R and I bought your php page a fews years back that got
me up to php  7.4.9 .

I am having a problem that when I switch a wordpress site over to 7.4.9 it
yells and says there is a problem loading ZIP. 7.3 works fine no yelling
other than wordpress saying php needs an update. NO zip errors

If I bought the latest php update that gets me php 8.0 would that maybe fix
my 7.4 ZIP problem in the process?

What brought me to all of this was trying to get webp image support going
on one of my wordpress sites. According to the last update wordpress now
supports webp uploads.

It didn't work for me. Wordpress yelled at me saying there was some error.
I googled it and found that if gd or imagemagik is broken this will happen.
In other words all these things need to be working before you can have webp
support.

Would upgrading my current 5209 box with your latest php package maybe fix
the gd & imagemagik issues also?

I understand that php 8 could fix some of these things but I am
still wondering about  fixing my current 7.4. since I resist going to the
latest php until necessary.

Thanks

--Tim