[BlueOnyx:25130] Re: Switch to Almalinux for existing CentOS installation?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 30 07:01:14 -05 2021

Hi Dirk,

> Do you have an ETA for when you will deploy an update to replace the
> CentOS repositories with the Almalinux repositories?
>
> I tried the almalinux-deploy.sh some time ago (on a fresh
> CentOS/Blueonyx installation). But that didn't work. After that, the
> blueonyx no longer ran. Are you working on creating an appropriate
> package and testing it?

Back when I tested almalinux-deploy.sh I got the same results. After
some digging into the causes I put it on the back-burner to give them
more time to work the kinks out. But I don't see any meaningful changes
in the published converter since then.

I'll take another look, but I guess I'll have to write my own converter
or need to modify theirs quite a bit.

We still have until the end of December, so let's aim for an October
release of our conversion-script.