[BlueOnyx:25143] Re: Quickfix for BO servers with certificates that are old or doesn't work anymore!!!

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 30 14:30:47 -05 2021

Hi Maurice,

> A colleague just send me this link, which most likely describes the
> problem a bit:
> https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

Yeah, I was aware of that in advance, but as both EL7 and EL8 received
recent "ca-certs" updates and their OpenSSL is new enough my
understanding was that we didn't seem to be affected for 5209R and 5210R.

Which still seems to be true for AdmServ, Apache and Nginx for the most
part, but apparently for email it's an issue due to the way Dovecot
handles CA certs.