[BlueOnyx:25389] Re: Installing BO Professional Edition

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 26 14:16:34 -05 2022

Hi Joe,

> I am wanting to upgrade my 5209R to the Professional Edition.
>
> Is this difficult to do?

No, this is actually very simple. Purchase the "Professional Edition"
from the BlueOnyx shop:
https://shop.blueonyx.it/blueonyx/blueonyx-professional-edition.html

Then after the purchase has gone through you go to your BlueOnyx GUI
interface and navigate to "Software Updates" and there to "Third Party
Software".

If you haven't already done so, install the package "NewLinQ" first.
This establishes the connectivity needed to install Shop packages.

Once "NewLinQ" is installed you will have the menu entry "Link a
package" under "Software Updates". Click on it and first time around it
asks you for your Shop email address and password. Enter it and it then
presents you with a list of purchases that you can link to your server.

Click on the icon to link the desired purchase(s) to your BlueOnyx.

Then you can go to "Third Party Software" again and there you should
find all items from your purchase and you can then install them via the GUI.

Likewise: Purchases can also be uninstalled and unlinked again from a
BlueOnyx server in case you want to move them to another BlueOnyx, like
a BlueOnyx 5210R or the upcoming BlueOnyx 5211R on EL9.

Let us know if you need any further help or assistance and we'd be glad
to help you out.