[BlueOnyx:25399] Re: Aventurine CPU

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 04:59:16 -05 2022

Hi Greg,

Attached is a little nugget I made a while back. I have it in a cron job running every hour. If load gets high, it will fire an email to the server admin via standard cron email address. When you run it directly (not from cron), it will show the same report regardless of load.

The top part of the report shows load by VPS-id. Below that you will see a process list of active running processes, that also includes the VPS-id. It doesn’t show percentage of CPU load for the task list, but it is sorted from highest to lowest CPU load, so it will quickly and easily point you to what you need to see. Tasks that are not “active” are excluded.

I hope this is useful.
That is brilliant!
Many thanks.
Colin