[BlueOnyx:25782] 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Tue Dec 6 15:34:35 -05 2022

Hi

On my test vm (installed with AlmaLinux 9.1 and TAR-BALL) I have some
bugs. As a result of lot of testing, my vm is a bit "buggy", but I hope,
this are general errors and not only on my vm:

1. Postfix
I have problems sending mails to my vm, because some alias files does
not exists:

/etc/mail/aliases -> no db file
/etc/mailman/aliases -> no file (folder does not exists)
/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman -> no file (folder does not exists)

On a clean install, /etc/mailman directory does not exists.
/usr/sausalito/bin/blueonyx-postfix-confgen (I don't know when this
script is executed) will create the "virtual-mailman" file, but that
fails if the directory does not exists. I had to create all three files
and postalias them. Maybe the .db files will be created, if there were
not errors, I don't now. Because of missing directory, I think this
error will only occur on clean installs with tarball.

2. GUI TCP Settings
When I try to save the TCP Settings in the GUI (System Settings - TCP
IP) I get an internal server error:

CRITICAL - 2022-12-06 20:04:00 --> Call to undefined function read_file()
in APPPATH/Libraries/CceClient.php on line 275.
  1 ROOTPATH/Modules/Base/Network/Controllers/Ethernet.php(180):
CceClient->record('1', '/usr/sausalito/ui/web', [...])
  2 SYSTEMPATH/CodeIgniter.php(927): Network\Controllers\Ethernet->index()
  3 SYSTEMPATH/CodeIgniter.php(482):
CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->runController(Object(Network\Controllers\Ethernet))
  4 SYSTEMPATH/CodeIgniter.php(351):
CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->handleRequest(null, Object(Config\Cache), false)
  5 FCPATH/index.php(68): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()

3. /etc/cron.daily/mboxfix.pl
This bug also occurs in 5210R. Because the script don't have often to
change the permissions, this bug is not a big problem and I have never
reported it, but maybe you want to fix it. In the path, the username is
on the 6th position:
/home/.sites/site1/home/users/bluetest9a/mbox
so
system("/bin/chown $owner_list[7] $user_mbox");
has to be changed to
system("/bin/chown $owner_list[6] $user_mbox");

Thanks for fixing it.

Regards,
Juerg