[BlueOnyx:25817] BlueOnyx Funding Issue - and some other news

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Dec 12 01:36:00 -05 2022

Hi all,

First of all some lighter news:

PHP-8.2.0 PKGs have just been made available in the shop for BlueOnyx
5209R, 5210R and 5211R.

Now on to the main course.

Ongoing funding of the BlueOnyx project:

I know December is never a good month to ask, but the way things are,
I'll have to do it anyway.

The last 12 months I've spent most of my energy on getting BlueOnyx
5211R ready and released. Which I was finally able to and I think the
result really speaks for itself and was worth the effort. Due to the all
out effort in getting this done, overall business suffered. Which made
2022 a pretty weak year all things considered.

Although I had put out a few (mostly subtle) hints that donations are
more than welcome, there were just a few and. Still: I am immensely
grateful to anyone who donated something to the BlueOnyx project.

The total sum of donations towards the BlueOnyx Project in 2022 was
418,- Euros (~439 USD).

Means: I mostly funded the development of BlueOnyx 5211R out of my own
pockets, which also included some steeply priced purchases of third
party tools to aide in the development. As this is a job that is never
really done and I really could use some help.

So if you can, please consider a donation to the BlueOnyx Project. If
you use the Paypal link on the BlueOnyx webpage (or in your BlueOnyx
GUI), then you can either make it a one time donation, or a monthly
donation that can be canceled at any time. I really *do* appreciate it:

https://www.blueonyx.it/donations

Many thanks to all of you!