[BlueOnyx:25832] Re: 5209R/5210R/5211R: ISO images updated

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 13 19:42:51 -05 2022

Hi Ernie,

> Ok, I have determined that the admserv not starting on reboot, is due a
> race conditions.
>
> I don't know the cause, but I do have a work around by using delays in
> the [Service] definition sections of 3 services.
>
> In httpd.service I added:
>
> [Service]
> ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 3
>
> In php-fpm.service I added:
>
> [Service]
> ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 2
>
> In admserv-php-fpm.service I added:
>
> [Service]
> ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 3
>

> Now everything starts clean.
Yikes! THAT is indeed rare. I haven't seen that one before. Systemd is
supposedly robust enough to not have these issues, so I wonder why
you're having them.

Likewise: Some of these services should either get restarted themselves
by Systemd or during the next "swatch" run of "Active Monitor".

Still: It is odd that you get that kind of a race condition in first
place. Is there anything unusual about the hardware you're using? Or is
this virtualized?