[BlueOnyx:25846] Re: 5209R/5210R/5211R: ISO images updated

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Dec 16 18:48:44 -05 2022

Hi Ernie,

> just letting you know, I tried the latest ISO yesterday, and the change
> you made to move the admserv sock to it's own /run directory, now make
> the admserv run for me after a reboot. I still get an failed error in
> the boot.log, about the php-fpm, but it all comes up.
>
> [FAILED] Failed to start The PHP FastCGI Process Manager.
> See 'systemctl status php-fpm.service' for details.
>
> When I do the 'systemctl status php-fpm.service' the result is fine and
> running, so there is still some timing related issue.
>
> Could it be the creation of the  tmpfs partition that /run depends on?

Could be.

I wouldn't be so concerned about it, Ernie. After all: The ISO installs
around 1939-1950 RPMs and when you fire up the newly installed server
for the first time, many of the BlueOnyx related services are yet
unconfigured. They get configured while CCEd runs its constructors
during startup. But that takes time, while (in parallel) Systemd is
happily firing up services already, even if they're not yet fully
configured.

Once you're past configuring the network settings CCEd is restarted one
more time and "swatch" is executed in the background.

At *that* point all services should be working fine.