[BlueOnyx:25852] Mass SPF tool

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Dec 27 14:41:28 -05 2022

Hi All,

I'm sure everyone has noticed Google has begun rejecting mail altogether
if there's no SPF record.  Typically this isn't a big issue since we
have set up AutoDNS in BlueOnyx to pre-configure a SPF record on new
site creations.   However, it appears we have a lot of hosted sites that
pre-date that.  So now we're getting a number of tickets from customers
with bouncing mail.

We're tackling these on a break-fix basis at the moment.   We would love
to do something more proactive, but manually going through each vsite
and creating a default SPF seems.... tedious. Especially when there may
be multiple alias domains.

Does anyone have a good idea for an automated process that would search
through configured vsites and check DNS for an SPF, then if there is not
a SPF record, create a basic one allowing for email sent from the
server's IP address or subnet?

I know I'm fishing... but thought I'd ask before we start a really
tedious and brain-numbing process over here.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services