[BlueOnyx:25864] Re: Adding DKIM to BlueOnyx VSITES

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 28 20:50:16 -05 2022

Hi Chris,

> We've begun adding in DKIM implementation for customer VSITEs in order
> to help with delivery as some providers have become evermore strict
> about what they're receiving.    While I'm not in agreement that DKIM is
> a 100% wonderful implementation and I certainly do not profess it to be
> a panacea for all delivery woes, it seems that at best it helps with
> delivery (and prevents delivery into a spam folder) and at worst
> pacifies the periodic customer who finds their domain not to be in
> compliance with [insert freemail / outsourced mail provder here]'s "best
> practices".

Yeah, it's essentially snake oil, but looks like it's getting mandatory.
Sounds kinda familiar given the last two years.

> I'm making a brief HOW TO guide available in case you'd like to
> implement DKIM on a BlueOnyx hosted VSITE.   Keep in mind all the usual
> disclaimers, it's made available as a courtesy, not guaranteed to work
> for your production use, etc etc blah blah. That said, it works for
> us.

This is really good stuff, Chris. Many thanks for sharing!

> All that out of the way, here's the guide for adding DKIM to a BlueOnyx
> VSITE:
>
> https://www.virtbiz.com/client/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/4996/Add-DKIM-for-BlueOnyx-VSITE.html

Ah, you know what? I guess it's not *that* much work, so I think I'll
build it into the DNS GUI. I'll throw OpenDKIM in as mandatory RPM and
provide the GUI to create/manage the keys and TXT DNS records.