[BlueOnyx:25299] Re: BlueOnyx 5209R & Aventurin{e} 6109R AdmServ/Apache issues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jan 14 04:21:46 -05 2022

Hi all,

> The recently published OpenSSL 1.0.2k-23 causes Apache and AdmServ to
> crash with the following error messages:
>
> *** Error in `/usr/sbin/httpd': double free or corruption (fasttop):
> 0x00005637ad2df900 ***
>
> *** Error in `/usr/sbin/httpd.admsrv': double free or corruption
> (fasttop): 0x00005637ad2df900 ***
I just published an updated "swatch" RPM for Aventurin{e} 6109R to the
YUM repositories, which disables OSCP-stapling in AdmServ and Apache for
now. That should serve as band-aid until a fixed OpenSSL is available again.

If you have an affected Aventurin{e} 6109R where AdmServ and HTTPd
refuse to start, run these three commands to fix it:

yum clean all
yum update
/usr/sbin/swatch

That should do it for now.

If CentOS manages to release the broken OpenSSL for CentOS 7 as well,
then I'll publish a similar fix for BlueOnyx 5209R, too.