[BlueOnyx:25305] Re: Proftpd, configuration issues / wishes

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jan 19 20:26:19 -05 2022

Hi Tobias,

> well we already have a "solution" in place: we create one
> big letsencrypt cert that includes all servernames used for ftp
> and mail services on the machine. This of course is only semi-
> automatic and more of a hack. But it works for us (on 5209R), no
> customer complaining about certificate warnings anymore. So this
> additional option would make our solution kind of round.

Yeah, that's one way to do it. Another is to use includes in the
proftpd.conf. We do something similar for SNI in Postfix. I'll have to
check what's best for ProFTPd.

>> Yes, these are currently hard-coded into the config and we replace that
>> with every ProFTPd update. I'll see if we can make it configurable via
>> the GUI and then retain the settings through updates.
>
> Do you have some kind of schedule for that feature?

No, not yet. When I get that far that I can tackle ProFTPd for 5211R
those code changes and fixes in ProFTPd itself can be released straight
up for 5210R as well. But I currently have so many loose ends in the
5211R development that I can't say when I get to that point.