[BlueOnyx:25316] Re: sending mail to gmail.com and spf

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 25 09:34:42 -05 2022

Hi Ernie,

> I went to Google's toolbox page for testing domains and noticed an error.
> https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/
>
> "SPF must allow Google servers to send mail on behalf of your domain."

I believe I've seen this page you're referencing, and it's a bit unclear
from the context but what it's referring to is if you're using Google as
your MX.   Which makes sense that you'd want the Google systems in your SPF.

But if you're in fact using your own server, then I certainly wouldn't
recommend adding Google's network in your SPF.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services