[BlueOnyx:25328] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Failed to mount /sysroot (metadata corruption detected) BO 5209R

Ceelie, Arie (VodafoneZiggo) arie.ceelie at vodafoneziggo.com
Fri Jan 28 17:09:26 -05 2022

Hi Michael,

disk are just a few months old. I used an installation usb to get into recovery. Checked a few things, and discovered the software raid was missing sda1 and sda2 from md0 and md1 (removed).
TRIED ADDING WITH MDADM --ADD, BUT SDA1 AND SDA2 (SORRY, CAPSLOCK) but sda1 and 2 were busy. So tried to remove them with mdadm. Not in an array?!?
Looked at dmsetup table. Nothing strange.
So I just plunged into the deep with an xfs_repair -v -L /dev/dm-0, and then a xfs_repair -v -L /dev/mapper/VolumeGroup00-root.

cat /proc/mdstat. Peel my tangerines, sda and sdb active.
mdadm --detail /dev/md0. Praise be, up and running.

Reboot.

It runs!

Still no idea what and why, but we're back in bussiness. Thnx!