[BlueOnyx:25491] Deactivate Letsencrypt for main domain name fails

Jochen Demmer jdemmer at relaix.net
Mon Jul 4 04:56:28 -05 2022

Hi,

a customer using a website with several domains. Of course there is one main domain name, which was entered during the creation of the vhost config in Blue Onyx WebGUI.
Sadly the customer moved the website somewhere else, but we may not delete it just yet, because the remaining domain names shall continue to be served by Blue Onyx.

So far no problem, but we use Letsencrypt SSL. I then removed the domain names from the list of SSL certs to be fetched. Problem is even though these domain names were removed from the Letsencrypt config it still tries to fetch certs, thus we keep getting error emails:
- www4.example.com: Let's Encrypt: Certificate auto-renewal failed

Is that a bug or expected behaviour? If so, what is best practice to solve this kind of issue? I really don't want to create a completely new vhost and migrate the html files + DB to it.

Jochen Demmer
--
System- und Netzwerkspezialist

RelAix Networks GmbH
Auf der Hüls 172
52068 Aachen

Tel.: 0241 / 990001-0
Fax: 0241 / 990001-11
E-Mail: info at relaix.net
Internet: http://www.relaix.net/

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Neugebauer
Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 15108
---
Kennen Sie schon: hex/AC - das hochmoderne Rechenzentrum für die Region Aachen
Äußerst ener­gie­ef­fi­zi­ent sowie nach ISO-27001 und TÜV-Level 2 zertifiziert.