[BlueOnyx:25506] mailman: listname without number-prefix

Patrick Koehne patrick at koehne-net.de
Mon Jul 18 09:44:31 -05 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to configure new mailinglists on a new installation of
blueonyx. An old server (probably 5208) crashed without actual backup.

The old mailinglists had all descriptive names. When I create a new list
they all get a number in front of the name und that is not really
meaningful and several lists get dofferent numbers...

And I need to do the following.
The Emailadresses are all hostet on another server (listname at domain.de).
The once with the maillinglists are simply forwarded to
listname at mailer.domain.de which is a sitename on blueonyx.

That worked with the old instance so far for ages...

I just can't find a way to get that work with the new server...

A forward to e.g. 62-listname at mailer.domain.de is blocked because:

"<listname at domain.de>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
virtual alias table". Can the alias be configured somewhere except from
shell?

Any hints?

Best regards
Patrick