[BlueOnyx:25537] Re: Almalinux update on 5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 27 13:28:44 -05 2022

Hi Arie,

> Webmin on BO5210R tells me there is an update to the Almalinux OS. Is it  > save to perform this or will it brick BlueOnyx?

Yes. Actually you should always try to stay current on OS updates.

The easiest way to do so is to go to the BlueOnyx GUI under "Software
Updates" / "YUM Updater" and there in the "Settings" tab tick the
checkbox for "Auto-Update enabled" and mark all days of the week to
activate daily updates.

 From the command line as root you can of course always run ...

yum clean all
yum update

... to check for updates and to install whatever is available.