[BlueOnyx:25464] Re: BO Email on IOS devices

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Jun 9 14:43:21 -05 2022

On 6/9/2022 2:21 PM, 180plane wrote:
> I am getting a Certificate Error message on iPhone complaining my
> authentication certificate is not trusted.
>
> I am not able to find any settings on my iPhone to allow certificate.
>
> Same goes for using Mozilla Thunderbird as the mail client except
> there is a pop-up that appears to manually override.

If you have installed a signed certificate (either via LetsEncrypt or an
actual paid CA), then you just need to set your hostname in the email
setup to be the same as the hostname of the server (ie: not the hostname
of a hosted website).    In other words, if the hostname of your server
is server.mydomain.tld, then that's what you set your incoming and
outgoing email servers to within the email software (be that IOS mail or
Thunderbird or whathaveyou).   Even if your website is
www.myreallyneatdomain.tld, use the server's FQDN as your email target.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services