[BlueOnyx:25471] Re: New admin error: Forbidden You do not have permission to access the requested file on this server.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jun 13 17:51:54 -05 2022

Hi Felix,

> On our 5210R we added a new Server Administrator. When trying to log in
> via the GUI we get the error message: Forbidden You do not have
> permission to access the requested file on this server.

When you create a new Server Administrator he is created without any
rights. Unless you give him some rights via "Virtual Site Administration
(Reseller)" or through the "Expert" tab.

A "Server Administrator" user without any granted permissions does
indeed get the "Forbidden" page, because he has no role or place and his
access to the server is pointless.

Give him some right and he can login.

> Accessing the server via CLI we have no problem, although were requested
> to “Activate the web console with: systemctl enable --now
> cockpit.socket”.

Cockpit is a completely unrelated service and has nothing to do with
BlueOnyx. We ship BlueOnyx with the cockpit service disabled.