[BlueOnyx:25478] Re: TLS on 5210R

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 12:40:01 -05 2022

Hi Michael,

The thing is: You don't know what functions PHPMailer is using for TLS.
It' of course possible to use TLS from within PHP. But what if that
PHPMailer uses an ancient library that doesn't support the modern
protocols and ciphers we're using?
.
Thanks for that. I think you are spot on.

For legacy reasons this particular site is still running on PHP 5 and looking on the web this would seem to be one of the reasons for PHPMailer using old protocols!
Also, I imagine the firmware on a lot of network scanners etc. also are badly out of date on TLS protocols which explains their problems.

Appreciate your input – at least I know have a clue as to what the problem may be.

Kind regards

Colin