[BlueOnyx:25353] Re: New server build seemed to pickup an incorrect NewLink account setting.

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Mar 9 22:06:30 -05 2022

Hi Raymond.

NewLinQ uses a serial number like a username, and an IP like a password. In the real world, IP’s change from time to time, and newlinq allows one IP change per month automatically. If you’ve got someone else’s account linked, that indicates your serial number is the same as another server.

In the past, we’ve found a number of server boards that generate the same serial number, and we’ve done everything we can to deal with that. But you might have something else that’s floating out there.

Open a support ticket, and I’ll have a look to find out the cause, and get it sorted..