[BlueOnyx:25424] Re: web problems on new 5210R load

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 17 12:20:51 -05 2022

Hi Larry,

> Just loaded a new(ish) 5210R server and ran the
> basic box a few days to make sure everything was
> working.  Purchased and loaded AV-SPAM, PHP, and
> Roundcube.  Loaded two sites on last week, one brand-new,
> coming-soon page, the other migrated from a 5209R
> server.  When I first did the completely new site
> it was working fine (coming soon page displayed
> on call and roundcube was working for mail)
>
> Once I did the easy-migrate the individual sites
> no longer work (just timeout) and httpd does not
> seem to be answering for their IP, only the box
> IP.

This could be related to a couple of things:

The switch still has the MAC addresses for the IPs from when they were
used on the old server. So traffic to the Vsite IPs might not yet go to
the new server until the switch clears its ARP table.

If the traffic actually makes it to the new server? You should be able
to see that in the Apache logfiles.

If the traffic comes in, but the pages don't load? This could be due to
.htaccess files in /web, but the server not being configured to allow
.htaccess.

Or it could be related to the PHP method or version.

Or maybe Apache just needs another restart (yeah, that happens).

If you can't shake it loose, then please file a support ticket via the
GUI of the new server and make sure to tick the checkbox "Allow Access"
and I'll take a look.

> Also getting the following in the httpd error_log:
>
> <quote>
> [Tue May 17 11:45:05.729533 2022] [ssl:error] [pid 1778674] AH02604: Unable to
> configure certificate server.domain.net:443:0 for stapling
> [Tue May 17 11:45:05.729995 2022] [ssl:error] [pid 1778674] AH02217:
> ssl_stapling_init_cert: can't retrieve issuer certificate! [subject:
> CN=server.domain.net / issuer: CN=R3,O=Let's Encrypt,C=US / serial:
> 037322C7D1A740B6608CD833D5BEE0B1AA74 / notbefore: Apr 25 11:22:11 2022 GMT /
> notafter: Jul 24 11:22:10 2022 GMT]
> </quote>

That can be ignored and isn't related.