[BlueOnyx:25444] Re: Instagram blocks

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sun May 22 16:36:27 -05 2022

On 22.05.22 01:21, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> On 5/21/2022 11:08 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> Hi Meaulnes,
>>> Looking at the GUI again, there is the [√]Milter-Greylist [√]Milter-GeoIP [√]SpamAssassin [√]Clam AV page where those four services can be turned off — what I did.
>> If all that is turned off, then there is nothing AV-SPAM related in the way which could prevent email delivery.
>> So you should be able to receive these emails.
> If I missed this in a previous message in the thread, please accept my apology.  However, if you have enabled any RBL / blacklists in the GUI (outside of AV Spam, at Server Management > Network Services > Email > Blacklisting) then it's possible that the message could be coming from an IP address or block that is being blacklisted by one of the lists you have configured.
>
> What I might suggest is watching the maillog at CLI with this command:
>
> # tail -f /var/log/maillog
>
> Then make your Instagram password reset request and see if you notice any activity that might indicate an attempt to send, or a cause for rejection.   If your server is the cause for the issue, then it will be noted in the log.

yeah, I tried this several times, with and without APF and AV-SPAM, there is absolutely no activity in /var/log/maillog nor in /var/log/messages... It must be Instagram that just doesn't send a message.

The domain is not blacklisted, I checked that. I also gave a try to add a:instagram.com to the spf1 TXT record in the domain's DNS, it didn't help either. And an additional include:_spf.instagram.com leads to the error: No valid TXT record was found for the domain _spf.instagram.com

So I'm stuck.

Thanks Larry, Michael and Chris for the help!

Best regards

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler
Zurich, Switzerland
+41¦0 44 260-1660