[BlueOnyx:25678] Re: BlueOnyx 5211R development - progress report

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 9 23:14:51 -05 2022

Hi all,

Another progress report on the BlueOnyx 5211R development:

I've just run out of GUI pages that I *still* need to port to PHP-8.1
and CodeIgniter 4! \o/

Means: All BlueOnyx 5211R GUI pages are currently in working order - as
far as I can tell at this time. Further testing is of course needed.

During the overhaul I had to create/modify the following types and
quantities of files:

   35 Route files (defines which URI loads which GUI page)
  160 PHP Classes for rendering GUI pages
    7 Helpers
  121 Libraries for GUI elements and functions

There are still two "base-sitestats" pages that need some further
attention, one "base-swupdate" page that requires an (optional) library
from the NewLinQ PKG and the fixed/fluid style switcher under "Personal
Profile" needs a small fix or two in order to work.

I'll be working on those issues in the next 2-3 days to work out the
remaining kinks.

But with that out of the way the main effort of porting the 5210R GUI to
the 5211R environment is now completed and with that the next big step
on the list can commence:

Adapting sausalito-devel-tools to build RPMs that reflect the new paths
that GUI pages will have on 5211R. When that is done, RPMs can be built
and published to the YUM repository.

Additional open issues on the to-do-list:

- Updating "Easy Migrate" to be able to migrate to (and from) 5211R.
- ISO building of a 5211R BETA ISO.
- Building the "NewLinQ" Package for 5211R.
- Building the "WebApps Installer" Package for 5211R.
- Building other related Shop packages for 5211R such as AV-SPAM and
   others that have GUI pages that need to be adapted to 5211R.

I think we're still well on track for a Beta release at the end of this
month.