[BlueOnyx:25682] Re: login attempts after IP added to firewall reject list

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Thu Nov 10 19:25:06 -05 2022

Ed,

  In my small amount of playing with the firewalld
rules I believe that the server uses the zone public
for its primary ruleset.  I have added both allow and
deny rules to the zone by editing the
/etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml file and then restarting
firewalld (systemctl restart firewalld) with great success.
My server has nothing under ipsets, policies, services,
icmptypes or helpers.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net