[BlueOnyx:25723] Re: BlueOnyx 5211R Released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 23 12:18:52 -05 2022

Hi Arie,

> Question: if I upgrade 5210R to 5211R, will all the settings and home &
> user dirs stay intact, or do I start from scratch?

For migrations use "Easy Migrate":

https://www.blueonyx.it/easy-migrate

That tries to keep everything as close to identical as possible. Where
this is not feasible it will assume safe defaults.

Say for example you had a Vsite on 5210R that was using PHP 7.4 with
"DSO + mod_ruid2". On 5210R we currently only have PHP-8.0.20 and the
PHP options "suPHP" and "PHP-FPM".

In that case "Easy Migrate" will migrate the Vsite, all settings, all
Users, their settings, MySQL (if enabled and present) and the Vsite will
then be configured to use PHP-8.0.20 and PHP-FPM, as these are the safe
defaults.

What else gets migrated by "Easy Migrate"? DNS, SSL certificates, Emails
(of course) and some (if not all) extras from the Vsite's root directory.

So this is as good as it gets and should give you a pretty good data
integrity.