[BlueOnyx:25638] Re: Switching between sendmail and postfix on 3210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Oct 10 10:27:49 -05 2022

Hi Neil,

> Its not incoming mail to my server that has to be on port 587, its the
> outbound connection to the Smart Relay .

Oh, I see.

> For Postfix, its a bit simpler:
>
> relayhost = [smtp-relay.sendinblue.com]:587
>
> I wonder if there might be scope for the GUI accepting a port number as
> it doesn't accept one at present (maybe something like
> "smtp-relay.sendinblue.com:587") and generating the appropriate
> lines/syntax in the sendmail configuration if a port number is present
> and then finding it when scanning to generate the postscript configuration?

Yes, that's possible and I'll add it to the to-do-list. In the meantime
here is how you can add (and keep) it to your dynamically generated
Postfix configuration:

Edit /usr/sausalito/bin/custom-postfix-confgen.sh and add the following
line at the end of it:

postconf -e 'relayhost = [smtp-relay.sendinblue.com]:587'

Save the changes and restart Postfix:

systemctl restart postfix

Then check if Postfix's main.cf now has the desired changes. It should.

/usr/sausalito/bin/custom-postfix-confgen.sh was specifically created
for cases like this where we need to add something to the Postfix
configuration that otherwise would be overridden by the GUI.

> That's fair enough - I just keep a copy of what I want procmailrc to
> look like and copy it back - if it annoys me enough I'll write a simple
> cron to check it for change and restore it :)

That works as well. :p