[BlueOnyx:25606] Re: Can access server manager but cannot access sites

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Sep 3 05:22:10 -05 2022

Hi Lewis,

> I can access the management GUI and shell on a 5208R but I cannot ping,
> load web pages, use email or otherwise access/use any sites on this
> machine. It's worked so well for so long I cannot remember much about
> troubleshooting an issue like this.
>
> Active monitor shows all the services in question as working normally.
>
> I have restarted the machine.
>
> A red box on the news page says the server cannot access www.blueonyx.it
> but if I open a shell and ping that URL it gets returns. I don't know if
> this has any bearing on the current difficulty.
>
> Any ideas?

It could be quite a few things. Easiest would be to file a "Support
Ticket" via the BlueOnyx GUI (if that still works for you).

You can do so via "Software Updates" / "Support" / "Support Request".
Fill in the form and PLEASE make sure to tick the checkbox "Allow
Access". That will generate temporary login details and will safely
submit them alongside your support request.

I'll then take a look and will see what I can find out.

However: Please note that BlueOnyx 5208R has been EOL since November
2020. That is when CentOS 6 and SL6 went EOL.

So since then your sever has seen no security updates, SSL CA certs for
establishing outgoing connections have expired, vulnerabilities (some
really serious) in the OS have been found and what not.

People since long have migrated on to BlueOnyx 5209R and BlueOnyx 5210R
via the "Easy Migrate" tool, which (as the name says) makes migrations
from one BlueOnyx to another *really* easy:

https://www.blueonyx.it/easy-migrate

So you should really look into migrating off the 5208R to a 5210R as
soon as possible. We can assist with that as well.

Anyway: Please send in your support ticked and I'll see what we can do
for you to get the 5208R up and running again.