[BlueOnyx:26068] Re: Nightly logrotate errors

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Tue Apr 4 15:19:45 -05 2023

Hi Florian

> I also have nightly logrotate errors like this:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
>
> error: site10:2 unknown user 'SITE78-logs'
> error: found error in /home/.sites/site10/var/logs/mail.log , skipping
> error: site10:12 unknown user 'SITE78-logs'
> error: found error in /home/.sites/site10/var/logs/ftp.log , skipping
> error: site10:22 unknown user 'SITE78-logs'
> error: found error in /home/.sites/site10/var/logs/web.log , skipping

Have you migrated a site with easymigrate to a new sever? It looks like
/etc/logrotate.d/site10 has a wrong user/group setting to an inexistant
site78-logs group. I had a similiar problem some time ago but couldn't
reproduce it. You have to check this file and fix user/group. Maybe
manually execute /usr/sausalito/sbin/update_vsite_logrotate.pl will fix
this. This updates the logrotate scripts, but I don't know if user/group
is updated also or only time periods.

Regards,
Juerg