[BlueOnyx:26079] Re: Nightly logrotate errors

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Thu Apr 6 11:08:02 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

> I just extended the handler
> /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/sitestats/set_logrotate.pl with a sense
> check. It now takes the group name, puts it in uppercase, appends
> '-logs' to it and compares if that is identical with the logfile owner
> that was stored in CODB.
>
> If it is not identical, it will fix the owner name in CODB and will
> write out logrotate configs with the correct owner name.
>
> Summary of the changes in SVN:
>
> https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/4578
>
> I just published these YUM updates for 5210R and 5211R. Upon install
> of the updates the script
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/update_vsite_logrotate.pl will be automatically
> run to fix any lingering logrotate ownership issues in CODB.

Thanks for your update, I'm sure this will solve Florian's problem. Is
that script also executed after vsite migration? Florian has imported
this site with cmuImport and I had the same problem some weeks ago with
EasyMigrate migration. So there's maybe a bug in the vsite import
script, if source and target vsite on import are not identical. If you
run this script after import anyway, this will solve the problems. If
not you would maby check the import scripts, if there's an error (or
execute this script after import and solve the problem that way).

Regards and happy easter,
Juerg