[BlueOnyx:26103] Re: Best way to have users securely fetch and send e-mail

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 11 02:20:02 -05 2023

Hi Brian,

> Looking at my steps, I suspect there is a way to migrate email only without having to do each email box separately?

Yeah, ImapSync isn't ideal. It gets the job done, but has it's
complications.

Ideally you'd just run Easy Migrate again with the --nomysql switch,
which will make sure that the target server has the same user data
(which includes emails) as the source server.

However, this assumes that the target server hasn't received any new
emails in between, as these would simply vanish during that final Easy
Migrate run.

So the proper procedure is:

- Stop SMTP on the source server
- Run Easy Migrate to get all data across.
- Change DNS

Or:

- Leave SMTP on source server running
- Run Easy Migrate to get all data across.
- Stop SMTP on the source server
- Change DNS
- 2nd Easy Migrate run with --nomysql
- Start SMTP on target server