[BlueOnyx:26139] Re: AWStats

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 19 13:53:33 -05 2023

Hi Colin,

> We have the Solarspeed AWStats installed on one of our 5209R servers but it is returning zero info. Got all the tables etc but just filled with zeroes.
> It has been on there a long time and most of our customers don’t use it so I have only just realised there is a problem.
> Webalizer is working fine on the same vsite but AWStats … nada.
>
> Any idea how to troubleshoot?

In /etc/awstats/ you find the configs for all Vsites that AWStats uses.
Make sure the Vsite in question has a config file there. It should.

AWStats works on the logfiles archived in the logs directory of Vsites,
so on a 5209R that should be something like this:

/home/sites/<VSITE>/logs/web.log

Check what info the logfile for the Vsite in question has. Most likely
it wasn't updated in ages. Either due to lack of activity, or a
logrotate issue such as UID/GID wrong, being over-quota or what not.

Check what UID/GID the file in question has.

If this is (say) "site1", then it should be owned by user "SITE1-logs"
and group "site1".