[BlueOnyx:26164] Re: Migration: Several NameSpace's of Users could not be set

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 10:46:05 -05 2023

Thanks Michael,

Colin

On 26/04/2023, 15:25, "Blueonyx on behalf of Michael Stauber" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of mstauber at blueonyx.it <mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it>> wrote:

Hi Colin,

> I'm migrating from an old 5208R to a new 5210R but am getting this error:
>
> Several NameSpace's of Users could not be set. You might not have the PKGs for these installed: spamfilterUser
>
> We used to have AVSpam on the old server but that was removed prior to migrating.
> Is this going to be a problem and if so what is the possible solution?
This is fine.

When Users and Vsites (or server settings) are migrated from an older
BlueOnyx to a newer one (or vice versa), then not all CODB Classes,
NameSpaces or database fields may coincide. There are some small
differences between BlueOnyx versions, as features have been added,
removed or been changed over the years.

Likewise, the servers may not have the same PKGs or even the same PKG
versions installed and that also results in some differences as well.

Easy-Migrate takes care of that. It looks at what the source server has,
checks if the target server has the same Class, NameSpace and database
fields. And it will only move and configure what it can move and
configure and will ignore the rest or set safe defaults if input is
mandatory.

In your case your users on the source server still had the AV-SPAM
"spamfilterUser" NameSpaces, where the previously installed AV-SPAM
stored their user-specific AV-SPAM configuration.

If the target server of the migration had the AV-SPAM installed? In that
case it would have done its best to move that part of the configuration
as well. But as the target server doesn't have the AV-SPAM installed, it
simply notes that the NameSpaces aren't present and continues the
migration anyway.

So that's just an info and not a critical error.