[BlueOnyx:26170] Re: BlueOnyx 5210R/5211R "open_basedir" can be set to "none" now

Fungal Style wayin at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 29 19:51:50 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

Ran into an issue I believe after the update.
WHMCS says it wants to run the following, which has been working for a long time until within the last 24 hours (I think around 4-5 when I write this).
/usr/bin/php -q /home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/cron.php

Via SSH root account, I get the following:
[root@<servername> ~]# /usr/bin/php -q /home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/cron.php
PHP Warning:  require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/bootstrap.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/:/var/lib/php/session/) in /home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/cron.php on line 0
PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/cron.php on line 0
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/.sites/site3/wwwroot/web/portal/crons/cron.php on line 0

I tried to toggle the security settings in server management, which did not initially show a tick, but that could be a cache/refresh issue, and went to the vsite and could then enable it, it is ticked but I still get the above message along with the 15 minute messages from WHMCS saying it has failed.

Any ideas?

Regards
Brian

On 27/4/2023, 8:04 am, "Blueonyx on behalf of Michael Stauber" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it <mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of mstauber at blueonyx.it <mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it>> wrote:

Hi all,

Yesterday I wrote:
> Tomorrow I'll look into providing the option to selectively set
> "open_basedir" to "none" for selected Vsites and will publish updates
> that allow to do so.

This feature has just been published for BlueOnyx 5210R and BlueOnyx 5211R.

Under "Server Management" / "Security" / "PHP" you can tick the checkbox
"Allow 'open_basedir none'".

If that is ticked, then on all Vsites where you want to have
'open_basedir' disabled, you can now find a matching "Allow
'open_basedir none'" in the PHP Settings of Vsites and can toggle it to on.

If "Allow 'open_basedir none'" is ticked on a Vsite, then 'open_basedir'
is set to 'none' and you will gain some limited speed increase on
complex PHP sites that use lots of includes - at the loss of some security.

We don't recommend to use the feature, as we value security over speed,
but we leave the choice to you if you see it otherwise.

Please note: If "Allow 'open_basedir none'" is toggled off in
Under "Server Management" / "Security" / "PHP", then it will be turned
off for all Vsites which had it on. So that's a quick way to pull the
rug out from under this feature if needed.