[BlueOnyx:26386] Re: [EXTERNAL] Internet issues

Ceelie, Arie (VodafoneZiggo) arie.ceelie at vodafoneziggo.com
Wed Aug 2 13:32:47 -05 2023

Not funny but your rant is priceless!
________________________________
From: Blueonyx <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of Michael Stauber via Blueonyx <blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it>
Sent: Wednesday, 2 August 2023 19:53
To: BlueOnyx General Mailing List <blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [BlueOnyx:26385] Internet issues

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up: Since Monday I'm without reliable internet
connection and am on a mobile line that also craps out or slows to a
crawl every now and then.

I'm trying to respond to emails, but even that is really dodgy right now.

What happened? We have three big internet providers in Colombia. We're
with a shack called Tigo and and their competitor MoviStar (subsidiary
of Telefonica) installed fiber-optics in our complex last week. On
Monday when they left they "accidentally" (yeah, rrrrrright!) caused a
damage that affected all internet installations of their competitors in
our complex. And as things go with all three providers: You can get a
new contract (with same day install) lined up in fifteen minutes, or you
have to wrestle with support for days until they send a technician to
fix damage in an existing installation. Just spent three hours again in
the waiting line in front of their office until it was my turn to
"enthusiastically" rave about their stellar support. After all: A black
hole is a stellar object, too. :p