[BlueOnyx:26629] Re: EasyMigrate VSITE, retain IP address

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 17:47:51 -05 2023

Michael Wrote:
 > Alright, if I understand correctly, you're suggesting that EasyBackup
could be used instead of EasyMigrate?
 > That's an idea I had not considered.

I just wanted to chime in and note that while this works great it is
much slower. With EasyBackup you have to run the whole process on one
server, wait for it to move the data to the new server and then run the
import on the new server. So each server runs but the other server sits
there doing nothing while it waits.

With EasyMigrate however both servers are working on the operation at
the same time so the whole process is much quicker. So if there was an
option in Easy Migrate to keep IP addresses it would same a good bit of
time in the whole process.

I also understand that development time is a finite resource so I
understand why this might be a low priority.

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find
the harder I work the more I have of it.
   - Thomas Jefferson