[BlueOnyx:26673] Re: Web Site with URL /login

Taco Scargo taco at blueonyx.nl
Mon Dec 18 01:49:01 -05 2023

Hi Michael,

When you will be starting on making those URLs mappable, I would like to suggest another improvement that might benefit the BlueOnyx community:

Allowing to map a vsite to the admin url: I have tried to do this with reverse proxy, but unfortunately the admin ui still uses some hard links in various places, mostly to select https/81 http/444, whereas I think all links should be relative anyway. Also in the login form. I have noticed some enterprise and airport/hotel/airplaine wifi networks sometimes restrict port numbers.
This would allow e.g. creating an “admin.yoursite.com”  or something similar.

My request is to just get rid of the code that selects the port number and protocol.
Imho, that is not needed anymore.

Best regards,

Taco